3 Maryland companies vie for national EY Entrepreneur of the Year Awards
Congratulations to two of our Maple Lawn client, Wayne Jackson, CEO of Sonatype, who was named EY Entrepreneur Of The Year 2018 in the Mid-Atlantic Region:
The Baltimore Business Journal | Morgan Eichensehr
Three Maryland companies will go on to Palm Springs, California, to vie for the national title of EY Entrepreneur of the Year, after winning awards for the mid-Atlantic region.
EY’s Entrepreneur of the Year program recognizes standout business leaders in more than 145 cities in more than 60 countries throughout the world.
A group of 10 entrepreneurs from Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C., was selected by an independent judging panel made up of previous award winners, CEOs, investors and other regional business leaders. The mid-Atlantic region awards were handed out during a gala at The Ritz-Carlton in McLean, Virginia, on June 14
The regional award winners are now eligible for consideration for the Entrepreneur of the Year National Awards, set to be announced Nov. 10. The national award winner will compete for the EY World Entrepreneur of the Year Award in Monaco in June 2019.
Here are the Maryland business owners who won regional titles:
- Dan Simons, owner of Farmers Restaurant Group in Kensington. His company operates five restaurants in Maryland, D.C., Virginia and Pennsylvania called Founding Farmers. The restaurants are majority-owned by farmers and serve upscale American cuisine.
- Jeff Hargrave, founder and president of Mahogany Inc. in Baltimore. His company is a commercial construction firm which specializes in general contracting services and architectural millwork.
- Wayne Jackson, CEO of Sonatype in Fulton. His software firm specializes in developing technologies that help to secure, automate and accelerate software innovation.
“EY has been recognizing leading entrepreneurs who do things differently for more than three decades,” Debra von Storch, director of EY Americas Entrepreneur of the Year Program, said in a statement. “We are proud to announce the 2018 winners, who boldly break the mold to create new solutions, innovations and possibilities that redefine how we live, work and play.”
Here are the other regional Entrepreneur of the Year award winners:
- Mike Baird, Avizia in Reston, Virginia
- Marla Blow, FS Card in Washington, D.C.
- David Wolfe, Leesa Sleep in Virginia Beach
- Roger Krone, Leidos in Reston, Virginia
- Michael Ramlet, Morning Consult in Washington, D.C.
- Mark L. Rockefeller and Mickey Konson, StreetShares in Reston, Virginia
- James McGoff, Brian Powers and Charles Vincent, TemperPack in Richmond, Virginia