St. John Properties Captures Five Honors in NAIOP Maryland “Awards of Excellence” Competiton
Baltimore-based commercial real estate development company ties for first in most number of awards won
BALTIMORE (April 29, 2016) – St. John Properties, Inc., a Baltimore-based real estate development and management company, captured five honors in the NAIOP Maryland “Awards of Excellence” competition, tying for the most amount of awards won by a single company in the biennial program. Celebrating the innovative achievements of regional commercial real estate developers and associated industry vendors, twenty-nine separate award categories were recognized at this year’s event. The company, which owns and has developed more than 17 million square feet of real estate space throughout eight states, was honored with:
• The “Lifetime Achievement Award” for Robert C. Becker, Senior Vice President of St. John Properties who was recognized with this honor. Becker becomes the second St. John Properties executive to receive this award, which is presented to honor significant accomplishments and contributions to the Maryland marketplace over an extended career. Edward St. John, Founder and Chairman of the company, received the award in 2000.
• Best social impact for the “Fallen Star” Memorial at The Government and Technology Enterprise (The GATE) at Aberdeen Proving Ground. This memorial was installed and dedicated last year inside Aberdeen Proving Ground in honor of Major General Harold (Harry) J. Greene, as well as all United States warfighters who gave their lives in service to the nation, and their families. Major General Greene was killed in action in Afghanistan on August 5, 2014 during Operation Enduring Freedom-Afghanistan while serving as the Deputy Commander of Combined Security Transition Command-Afghanistan. He was the first general officer killed in a combat zone since the Vietnam War.
• Best LEED office for 8115 Maple Lawn Boulevard, an award that was won in conjunction with Greenebaum Enterprises. 8115 Maple Lawn Boulevard is a four-story, 123,000 square foot Class “A” office building designed for LEED Gold certification located within Maple Lawn, a 600-acre mixed-use business community in Howard County, Maryland.
• Most creative transaction for The GATE at Aberdeen Proving Ground. St. John Properties completed permanent financing totaling $93.4 million which included both conduit and bank lenders, while overcoming obstacles created by The GATE’s presence inside a secured installation, educating lenders about the nuances of an Enhanced Use Lease (EUL) and financing a project on federal land.
• Best office park for Annapolis Corporate Park, a five-building, 230,000 square foot business community situated near the intersection of Riva Road and Harry S Truman Parkway in the Annapolis section of Anne Arundel County.
“We are extremely proud of each award, but are especially gratified by the honoring of Bob Becker, who has contributed significantly to the success of our company over his forty one year career,” stated Larry Maykrantz, President of St. John Properties. “All of these honors reflect the work ethic and passion for our clients that our team demonstrates every day.”
St. John Properties, Inc., founded in 1971, owns and has developed more than 17 million square feet of R&D/flex, office, retail and warehouse space in Maryland, Colorado, Louisiana, Nevada, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Utah and Wisconsin. For more information about the company, visit sjp.mu9b0uf9-liquidwebsites.com.