Free Toilet Paper with Every Carry-out Order Among Creative Methods Restaurants are Using to Drive Traffic
Tony Guarino of Tony Locos Bar & Restaurant in Howard County explains that “we need to keep our humor and humanity” during these challenging times and customers are responding
BALTIMORE, MD (March 24, 2020) – Tony Guarino, owner of Tony Locos Bar & Restaurant in Lisbon Center in Howard County knows difficult times are ahead and is using “humor and humanity” to help ease the uncertainty everyone is now facing. His creative actions are among the many currently being undertaken by restaurants throughout the St. John Properties portfolio to drive traffic to brick and mortar locations as consumers are encouraged to stay home. Every customer that places a carry-out order at the restaurant at 710 Lisbon Center Drive will receive a free roll of toilet paper until 1,000 rolls are dispensed. Tony Locos is also continuing its practice of donating 10% of all restaurant proceeds to local charitable causes, with the Lisbon Volunteer Fire Department the chosen beneficiary this Monday and Tuesday.
“I’m just trying to lighten things up a bit and bring a smile to our customers that sorely need it now,” Guarino explained. The idea for the promotion started when the restaurant received an oversupply of toilet paper and Tony Locos declared “we got your back (side)” on a recent social media post. “Most people just laugh at the offer but don’t actually need the extra roll. Others are truly in need and take a few extra rolls. We have distributed more than 100 rolls in the past several days and the idea has achieved its desired effect – getting people to take their mind off of things and increase sales. At the same time, we need to look out for everyone in the community, which is why we feel so strongly about continuing our support of local charities.”
A number of other Baltimore-area St. John Properties restaurants and clients are offering carry out food and/or alcohol service, and implementing creative offers. This list is not comprehensive and updates can be obtained by following St. John Properties on social media @stjohnprop.
- Aviation Deli & Grill, Cromwell Business Park in Glen Burnie
- Café Spice, Yorkridge Center North in Cockeysville
- Five Guys Burgers & Fries, Lakeshore Plaza in Pasadena
- Small Cakes Maryland, Annapolis Technology Park in Annapolis
- Subway restaurants across our Maryland portfolio
- Toro Bravo, BWI Tech Park in Linthicum
- Two Rivers Steak & Fish House, Lakeshore Plaza in Pasadena
- Mutiny Pirate Bar, Magothy Beach Plaza in Pasadena
- Basta Pasta, Liberty Exchange in Eldersburg
- 1623 Brewing Company, Liberty Exchange in Eldersburg
- Pooles Island Brewery, Greenleigh at Crossroads in Middle River
- Select Event Group, Laurel Business Center and Business Center at Owings Mills is providing emergency temporary structures and infrastructure services
- The Lunchbox Deli,The GATE at Aberdeen Proving Ground is spearheading the Feeding Our Heroes meal delivery program for first responders and medical professionals
- Gourmet Girls, Dolfield Business Park in Owings Mills
- Chesapeake Crab Cakes, Caton Research Park in Baltimore
“We are also trying to help out our neighbors and are encouraging consumers to visit Basta Pasta to pick up dinner and then come to our location for some beverages,” stated Michael McKelvin of 1623 Brewing Company. “It is not all about us and everyone needs to pitch in. The local community has responded very well to our message.”
“Restaurants throughout our portfolio are demonstrating tremendous resourcefulness and creativity and we hope the local community will continue to support them during these challenging times,” explained Bill Holzman, Vice President, Retail Leasing for St. John Properties.
St. John Properties, Inc., founded in 1971, owns and has developed more than 20 million square feet of Flex/R&D, Office, Retail and Warehouse space in Maryland, Colorado, Louisiana, Nevada, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Utah and Wisconsin. The company was named “2018 Developer of the Year” for the Nation by NAIOP, the Commercial Real Estate Development Association. For more information about the company, visit sjp.mu9b0uf9-liquidwebsites.com.