Nations Roof Signs 29,000 Square Foot Lease at Caton Research Center
Mid-Atlantic division, part of company with network of more than 30 locations in 27 states, intends to move approximately 100 employees to the business community this summer
BALTIMORE, MD – Nations Roof, a national company operating more than 30 locations in 27 states across the country, has signed a lease with St. John Properties, Inc. for 29,056 square feet of space at Caton Research Center, a 60-acre business community situated off Caton Avenue in Baltimore County. The group’s Mid-Atlantic division will relocate its operations, and more than 100 employees, to 1615-1617 Knecht Avenue this summer. Claire Cobert of St. John Properties represented the landlord and Andrew Meeder of MacKenzie Commercial Real Estate Services represented the client in this transaction.
Headquartered in Mobile, Alabama, Nations Roof provides roof installation, replacement and repair services for commercial customers spanning a variety of real estate asset classes, including commercial, industrial and retail buildings, as well as hospitals, cold storage facilities, schools and residential projects. The company handles new construction assignments and is familiar with all aspects of green and sustainable buildings including daylighting systems, solar assemblies, garden roofs and cool roof surfaces.
“Nations Roof has been operating a division in the Baltimore area for the past 16 years, and business in all facets of the company is growing,” stated Don Bergamy, President of Nations Roof Mid-Atlantic. “The space at Caton Research Center is sizable and accommodates our existing and future growth, and the office component was also extremely important to us. With our coverage area stretching from Baltimore through Northern Virginia, it was important to find a new location that was easily accessible to the entire region.”
1615-1627 Knecht Avenue is a 64,056 square foot bulk/warehouse building equipped with 22-foot ceilings and numerous dock doors for tenant’s loading. Caton Research Center is positioned at the intersection of Interstate 95 and the Baltimore Beltway (Interstate 695) in Arbutus. The business community contains 16 buildings, comprising more than 800,000 square feet of flex/R&D and bulk/warehouse space, and is located five minutes from downtown Baltimore City, five miles from Interstate 97 and Baltimore-Washington International Airport, 5 miles from Columbia, and 35 miles from Washington, D.C.
“The location and access to Caton Research Center continues to be a great attraction for service industry users based on the proximity to main interstates, thoroughfares and BWI Airport,” stated Matt Lenihan, Senior Vice President, Leasing for St. John Properties. “The unique design of 1615-1617 Knecht Avenue, featuring 22-foot ceiling heights and private office space on the second floor, has captured the attention of users requiring the combination of corporate or administrative offices with a separate storage and warehouse component.”
Founded in 1971, St. John Properties, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest and most successful privately held commercial real estate firms. The company is distinguished by its commitment to customer service, achievements in green building, and top-rated workplace culture. Throughout St. John Properties’ 51-year history, the company has developed more than 22 million square feet of flex/R&D, office, retail, warehouse space and has investments in over 2,600 apartments. The company proudly serves more than 2,500 clients in Colorado, Louisiana, Maryland, Nevada, Pennsylvania, Texas, Virginia, Utah, and Wisconsin. For more information about the company, visit www.sjpi.com.