Eighth Annual USS Susquehannock Sci-Fi Day Scheduled for Sept. 22 at Harrisburg Mall
HARRISBURG, PA (August 3, 2018) –The 8thannual USS Susquehannock Sci-Fi Day will be held at Harrisburg Mall on Saturday, September 22 from 10 am to 3 pm. Co-sponsored by the 2nd & Charles book store, the free event features best-selling authors, actors and Cosplayers involved in the Sci-Fi genre, artists, interactive displays, panel discussions and a costume contest among other attractions. Exhibits and activities will be held throughout the lower level and Center Court sections of Harrisburg Mall, located at 3501 Paxton Road in Harrisburg. There is no admission charge. For additional information, visit www.shopharrisburgmall.com or call 717-564-0980.
Highlights of Sci- Fi Day include:
- Author Greg Cox, who has written several Star Treknovels, as well as adaptations of The Dark
Knight Rises, Man of Steel and Underworldwill be speaking and selling his books.
- Marc Okrand, linguist and creator of the Klingon language, utilized in Star Trek, and author of The Klinon Dictionary, will be speaking.
- Jim Krut, an actor who portrayed the “helicopter zombie” in the movie Dawn of the Dead,which was partially filmed in Monroeville, will interact with fans and be available for photographs.
- Ken Hunt, a comic book artist that has worked on numerous DC Comics titles including Batmanwill be speaking and interacting with fans.
- Cosplayers Captain Huntand Dame Dahliaof Heroes Coalition will provide tips on how to create and wear character costumes.
- Make-up artist and actress Carolyn Siebert, known as the Zombie Queen, will be available to speak with fans.
- The Denebian Slime Devils will be performing popular songs adapted with a Sci-Fi twist.
- Weather-permitting, the Central PA Ghostbusters will station an Ecto-1 vehicle, the car that appears in all Ghostbusters movies, in the outdoor parking lot.
- The Jurassic ParkJeep will be available for photographs.
- Science fiction writer and filmmaker Jay Smithwill be speaking.
- The Really Random Rants will be performing.
- A panel discussion will be held debating the popularity of Star Trek Star Wars.
- USS Susquehannock will be taking “green screen” pictures with attendees to raise money for The Wounded Warrior Project and Wolf Sanctuary of Pennsylvania.
- A costume contest will be held at 2:30 pm.
- A raffle will be held with proceeds benefitting all charities involved with the event.
Harrisburg Mall is a one million square foot regional mall with more than 70 tenants, including anchor stores Macy’s and Macy’s Backstage, Bass Pro Shops, Destination XL, 2nd & Charles and Regal Cinema’s Great Escape Harrisburg Mall Stadium 14. Baltimore-based St. John Properties, Inc. owns and manages the property.