Building Supplies Company TNT Services Group Relocating Suburban Maryland Operations to Melford Town Center

Frederick, Maryland-based group signs 11,501 square foot lease with St. John Properties, Inc.

Melford Town Center

BOWIE, MDTNT Services Group, Inc., a company specializing in the sale and installation of windows, doors, and other supplies to the commercial and residential real estate industries, has announced the relocation and expansion of its suburban Maryland facilities to St. John Properties’ Melford Town Center in Prince George’s County. The Frederick, Maryland-based group recently signed a lease with St. John Properties for 11,501 square feet of space, and plans to move approximately 10 employees this summer to the Bowie, MD site. Mike White of St. John Properties represented the landlord and CBRE’s Kevin O’Neil presented the tenant.

TNT Services will occupy 17301 Melford Boulevard, a 36,210 square foot of flex/R&D building, which was recently completed and also houses the new corporate headquarters of Blink Charging. TNT Services intends to utilize approximately 90 percent of the facility to store turnkey building supplies, including windows, doors, and house wrap, while reserving the remaining 10 percent for administrative personnel. Approximately 65 percent of TNT Services’ customers construct residential tract homes, roughly 25 percent are high-end custom homebuilders, and the remaining 10 percent work in the commercial office sector.

“Steady and sustained corporate growth necessitated a new facility, and we chose a site that would be more strategic for servicing our clients throughout Maryland, including the Eastern Shore, Northern Virginia and extending to the Winchester, Virginia area,” stated Blake Tarleton, President of TNT Services Group. “Direct access to US Route 50 will provide quick connections to the D.C. and Baltimore beltways, and save us considerable time and resources. With 17301 Melford Boulevard recently delivered, we also had the opportunity to design our space to conform to our exact specifications.”

TNT Services was founded in 1996 by Don and James Tarleton in a 1,600 square foot office/warehouse building in Frederick County. The company expanded several times to accommodate growth, and established headquarters in Frederick and a regional facility in the Upper Marlboro section of Prince George’s County.

St. John Properties has developed nearly one million square feet of commercial office, flex/R&D, and retail space at Melford Town Center, a 466-acre mixed-use development located at the intersection of US Route 50 and MD Route 3/301 in Bowie. The business community contains a Courtyard by Marriott hotel, and the 388-unit Aspen at Melford Town Center luxury multifamily community recently began welcoming residents. Melford Town Center is located approximately 15 miles from Annapolis, 18 miles from BWI Airport, and 25 miles from Baltimore and Washington, D.C. Nearly 110,000 vehicles pass the mixed-use community via US Route 50 daily. Approximately 113,000 people reside within a five-mile radius of the business community, with an average household income exceeding $180,000.

“Our flex/R&D buildings are ideal for companies like TNT Services given the seamless integration of storage and office facilities under one roof,” said Matt Lenihan, Senior Vice President, Leasing for St. John Properties. “The growing residential community within Melford has allowed us to greatly expand the amenity base which has been a key factor in attracting a wide range of new businesses to this location.”

Founded in 1971, St. John Properties, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest and most successful privately held commercial real estate firms. The company is distinguished by its commitment to customer service, achievements in green building, and top-rated workplace culture. Throughout St. John Properties’ 53-year history, the company has developed more than 24 million square feet of flex/R&D, office, retail, and warehouse space and has investments in over 3,000 residential units. The company proudly serves more than 2,600 clients in Colorado, Florida, Louisiana, Maryland, Nevada, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Texas, Virginia, Utah, and Wisconsin. For more information about the company, visit